Get MOO-ving: Get started with bovine ultrasonography – Ireland – 05/09/2023
This course is aimed at any veterinary surgeon wanting to start using ultrasound in cattle for fertility investigations and pregnancy diagnosis. This highly practical course aims to provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary to get the most out of using ultrasound in day to day farm visits.
The course will be a combination of lectures and practical scanning time which is being held on one of Ireland’s largest and most progressive dairy farms. This provides a fabulous opportunity to get to grips with what you can apply to the herds you visit and what you can offer your clients.
- Benefits of using ultrasonography on farm and discussing the key stages of the oestrus cycle and pregnancy
- How to use the ultrasound equipment and practical guidance and tips on how to find and identify structures
- Introduction to the non-pregnant uterus, ovarian activity and fertility management
- How to identify the various stages of pregnancy, early, mid and late pregnancies, recognise the development of the bovine embryo and how to take measurements to assess age and staging
- Introduction to abnormalities of the ovaries, uterus and cervix
What you’ll need – Please bring full clean PPE, disinfectant and gloves/gel for the practical scanning portion of the day. All ultrasound equipment will be provided.
Agenda – 8.30 – Arrival, Tea/Coffee. The course will start at 9am with a mixture of lectures and practical scanning sessions in both the morning and afternoon sessions. The day will finish around 5.30pm.
John Dawson, BVMS CERT. CHP MRCVS
CPD – 7.5 hours CPD
VCI CVE points pending approval
203 Sevenmile Straight
Antrim, Co. Antrim
Tuesday 5th September
Moo-ving On Course
We will be holding the next level Advanced bovine scanning course the day following each basic course. For full information see ‘MOO-ving On – Advanced bovine repro scanning course’.
IMV Customers – 1 day – £480 + VAT / €580 + VAT
For bookings or enquiries, please contact [email protected]
Tel – 0044 7760 908463