Abdo-Cardabra! Small Animal Basic Ultrasound (Ireland)
IMV imaging Courses 2023
New for 2023!
Abdo-Cardabra! Small Animal Basic Ultrasound
Course Overview: The day will be informal and relaxed with maximum time for hands-on learning. Arrive for tea and coffee from 8.30am, ready to begin the lectures at 9am. We will aim to finish by 5.30pm. Places are limited to a maximum of 10 delegates so book your place early to avoid disappointment. Course notes will be provided.
Topics Covered: This full day course is aimed at vets with minimal experience of diagnostic ultrasound and those who feel that they could get much more from their ultrasound machine for
both basic abdominal ultrasonography and basic echocardiography. Via a blend of lectures, demonstrations, and practical hands-on sessions you will gain the fundamental knowledge to improve your skills or get started if you don’t know where to begin.
Key learning objectives
- Basic ultrasound physics – understand how an image is formed and when things are not as they appear
- Get familiar with the machine – learn the core controls and how to get the best image
- Indications – when to use ultrasound examinations – when is it a useful diagnostic tool?
- A logical approach to the main organs of the abdomen and approach to the heart – carrying out an examination that you can continue to build on
- What normal looks like (Liver, gall bladder, spleen GI Tract, kidneys, urogenital tracts and major vessels)
- Learn the normal appearance of the cardiac anatomy
- Normal right sided echocardiographic 2D views and their interpretation
- Put it into practice – get stuck in!
Available Dates: 3rd August 2023 (Ireland), 6th October 2023 (Ireland)
Equipment and Facilities: You will need to bring a dog to scan, please let us know if you cannot bring a patient before booking. It is important that the dogs can be clipped as required for a full abdominal and echocardiographic examinations. Kennelling accommodation for the dogs will be available to use if required. Various ultrasound machines will be available to use on the day, however, if you want to bring your own for practice you are welcome to do so, just let us know.
IMV imaging Unit 2, Block 3
City North Business Campus
Gormanston, Co. Meath
Speaker: Mark Coia BVMS DipECVDI MRCVS RCVS and EBVS European Specialist in Diagnostic Imaging
CPD: 7.5 hours CPD. VCI CVE credits pending approval
Cost – SA Basic Courses: £480 + VAT/€580 + VAT
For bookings or enquiries: [email protected]