Product Manager (+ CT Applications Support) – Careers
An exciting new opportunity in a varied and collaborative role within the marketing team of IMV imaging, the world leaders in veterinary imaging solutions. This role is suited to a radiographer with 3D experience, an interest in ultrasound and the veterinary industry.
The successful candidate will play a leading role in the management of our ultrasound portfolio, ensuring that our products, marketing, service, and clinical support are appropriate for the needs of our veterinary customers. This will involve liaison with suppliers, customers and wider veterinary professionals as well as requiring cross-departmental collaboration. This is expected to take around 75% of this role’s responsibility.
You will also support the existing clinical team in providing clinical support to our expanding 3D customer base. This involves installation training at new sites and the certification of Superusers, as well as providing continued practical training and support to the 3D scanning teams, as required. This is varied and is expected to make up around 25% of the overall responsibility for this role.
IMV imaging are committed to personal development and take pride in supporting individuals to develop both professionally and personally. This role will be fully supported and further education in the fields of veterinary industry, ultrasonography, and education provision will be provided.
Location: The role will be based at the Head Office in Bellshill, Scotland, with flexibility around home working and the requirement for regular national travel as well as some international travel.
Reporting to: Head of CA Marketing
- Lead our product management of our reseller ultrasound portfolio. We have key suppliers including GE, Mindray as well as some smaller providers of equipment.
- This will involve working with suppliers, IMV Sales & Marketing teams to define the required portfolio and then working with key suppliers to ensure fit of requirement from throughout their wide product portfolios.
- Work to assess, technically and clinically (with the help of colleagues and customers) each of these systems, working with suppliers to enhance the offering and with our internal teams to ensure they really understand all the USPs, general features and positioning of each product within our wide portfolio of veterinary imaging products.
- Work with key suppliers and the Commercial Director to put in place suitable commercial contractual agreements with key suppliers. These agreements then need to be carefully managed to ensure that all parties meet the required standards of the contracts. Work with our Commercial teams to manage forecasting on each product line.
- Manage the NPI process (New product Introduction) for all new ultrasound imaging products. Work with others in the business on x-ray and 3D-imaging portfolios. This is broad spectrum and will involve liaison with customers, service team and your clinical colleagues.
- Position and promote the range of equipment to our Commercial teams around our various global sales channels. Ensuring that all marketing materials are available for these products.
- Work with your colleagues in the Marketing team to ensure that the key USPs are understood and that suitable digital marketing campaigns are positioned for each product offering that could be relevant to the veterinary imaging markets.
- A further element of this role will be to support our existing clinical team in the support of our CT (Computed Radiography) customers with Applications support on our installed portfolio of GE & Imaginalis CT scanners. This will involve field and desk work to support clients with the applications of animal imaging with CT scanners. This is the smaller element of this role, but an important aspect and as such a trained and qualified radiographer is an essential skill for this role. 20-25% of this role would involve this final point.
- Radiography degree qualified with three years plus experience including professional exposure to 3D scanning of humans and/or animals.
- A good practical understanding of the use and application of ultrasound.
- Capability to understand technical aspects of our products and be able to explain those to non-technical people.
- A good team player
- Creative thinker
- Experience of animal imaging would be an advantage.
COMPETENCIES/ KEY CHARACTERISTICS:
- A self-starter who is able to work flexibly with full ownership of a project/outcome.
- Capability to develop good working relationship with key stakeholders beyond the marketing team, e.g. Directors, clinical team, customer care, service, account managers, customers etc…
- Deliver high value output, well presented and considered proposals.
- Good commercial experience and capable to manage complex contractual aspects of supplier management.
- Fun & friendly
- A core principle of wanting to Make a Difference to the World around them.
- Competitive salary – requisite with experience plus Company performance bonus scheme
- Pension scheme
- Private Healthcare and Life Assurance Cover
- Flexi-time & Hybrid working
- 33 days holidays, inclusive of 8 public days
If you are interested and would like to find out more about this exciting new role, then join our live Q&A session on 25th August at 7pm to discuss the role in more detail! You can register for this below.