Overview: An exciting opportunity to join the UK’s largest providers of diagnostic imaging CPD – the IMV imaging Clinical Team. This role is suited to a passionate individual who aspires to enhance patient care and support the veterinary community through the provision of professional education.
The successful candidate will play an active and varied role in the promotion of diagnostic imaging knowledge, confidence and skills in undergraduate, recently graduated and experienced veterinary surgeons and nurses. Key to the role will be the continued development of blended learning materials in our purpose-designed learning management system, the ‘IMV imaging Academy’, teaching and assisting on our practical training courses and creating learning resources of various media. Collaboration with internal IMV imaging departments to leverage excellence in our veterinary imaging solutions and customer sites will be expected.
The role involves a significant proportion of small animal abdominal ultrasonography, but offers the flexibility to foster role-relevant passions and interests of the individual.
IMV imaging are committed to personal development and take pride in allowing individuals to develop both personally and professionally. Within this role, maintaining core veterinary skills will be supported, as will further education in the field of veterinary diagnostic imaging.
Location: Home based. Extensive national and some planned international travel will be required in this role. Some evening and occasional weekend work will also be required.
Job purpose/ key responsibilities
Clinical imaging training for veterinary surgeons and nurses:
- Teach and/or facilitate practical elements of small animal abdominal ultrasonography courses run by the IMV imaging Academy. These will be a combination of courses run directly by the Company and courses run for external parties (primarily Key Accounts)
- Play an integral role in the management of IMV imaging’s dedicated online blended learning platform (LMS)
- Work alongside Clinical Team members to regularly review, and continually update and develop content for existing learning courses
- Work alongside Clinical Team members to develop and launch new imaging courses, including LMS and in-person learning materials, using your individual strengths and the combined clinical knowledge of the team to enhance our online offering for customers both in the UK and internationally
- Assist with practical teaching alongside external speakers where required and where appropriate, and provide lectures at external events and practical courses where required
- Maintain exceptional organisational skillset to ensure the smooth running of courses, and excellent communication to delegates, external speakers, organisers, key account learning management team members, venues etc.
Development of relevant and high quality Clinical learning materials:
- Collaborate with the Clinical, Sales and Marketing teams to develop the yearly clinical content plan
- Contribute to the development and timely delivery of educational material of excellent quality and clinical accuracy, including but not limited to articles, posters, infographics, journal clubs, podcasts and webinars
- Ensure the highest level of attention to detail and clinical relevance when both writing and proof-reading items for production by IMV imaging
- Collaborate internally with subject matter experts and externally with specialists and experts
Establish and maintain IMV imaging’s brand name within the wider veterinary industry:
- Establish IMV imaging as a trusted learning and educational resource with veterinary (surgeon and nurse) new graduates through practical training courses and digital learning resources
- Contribute to external programmes and resources, where appropriate, e.g. publication of relevant research, scientific articles, podium or short presentations etc.
- Proactively work with existing and emerging industry key opinion leaders to further enhance the IMV imaging brand in the marketplace
- Interact with and contribute to the management of IMV imaging social media groups
- Attend appropriate exhibitions as a representative of the IMV imaging Academy, enabling interaction with delegates to promote and provide up to date and accurate information about available learning resources
Internal clinical representation and collaboration:
- Provide clinical training, advice and assistance to members of the wider business such as (but not limited to) the account management team (sales), service team, customer care team, to develop and nurture imaging skills and clinical understanding of the customer-facing members of the business
- Contribute to new product introduction process, including assessment of suitability of equipment for the veterinary market and development/preparation of product up to point of sale
- Assist with further applications support as required
- Provide clinical imaging input to internal projects, when required
Required Competencies/ key characteristics
- A qualified (MRCVS) and experienced veterinary surgeon
- Passion for veterinary imaging
- Established knowledge and understanding of ultrasound and radiography
- Excellent communicator
- Demonstrable organisational skills
- Extensive practical veterinary imaging experience including small animal abdominal ultrasonography
- Good understanding of the UK & Irish veterinary markets
- Team player who is prepared to get involved in cross business projects
- Self-starter who has the knowledge and capability to work independently and deliver expectations
- Existing experience of training/clinical instruction to wide audiences
- Experience of scientific authorship (e.g. research, articles, blogs, social media)
- Practical experience with advanced imaging modalities (CT and MRI)
- Practical experience of small animal cardiography
- Mixed practice experience would be an advantage
- Competitive base salary
- Performance Bonus
- Company Profit Scheme
- Fully Expensed Company Car
- Company Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance Cover x 4 basic salary
- Private Healthcare (single cover)
- 25 days holidays plus 8 statutory days