Free Download: Digits (forelimb) – Dorsopalmar canine x-ray positioning guide
Download your free positioning guide!
- Sternal recumbency
- Supporting the head on foam pads and turn away from the affected limb
- Extend the affected limb cranially
- Ensure foot in true dorsopalmar position
- Centre over the centre of the digits
- Collimate to include the carpus and nails
- Ensure L/R marker in primary beam
What to look for
- Ensure foot and carpus are not rotated – each toe should be clearly visualised.
- If you are struggling to get the foot into a good DP try popping some cotton wool under the elbow as this can help prevent rotation.